Aviation Accreditation Board International (AABI)
The Ohio State University, Center for Aviation Studies has received accreditation for the following programs. Clicking on the names of each program will link to a document showing student achievement data for that particular program.
- Bachelor of Science in Aviation, College of Engineering without Professional Pilot Specialization
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences: Air Transportation, College of Arts &Sciences, without Professional Pilot Specialization
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration: Specialization in Aviation Management, Fisher College of Business
- Bachelor of Science in Aviation, College of Engineering, with Professional Pilot Specialization
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences: Air Transportation, College of Arts & Sciences, with Professional Pilot Specialization
Program Education Goals
It is the intent of the faculty and staff of the Center for Aviation Studies that within the first few years after graduation:
- Graduates of the program will be employed in the aviation profession, or applying their aviation knowledge to their chosen career.
- Graduates, with an interest in advanced studies in aviation, will be pursuing, or have completed additional studies.
- Graduates will engage in life-long learning and apply new ideas and technology as the field of aviation evolves.
- Graduates will be informed, involved community members and responsible professionals.
Accreditation is a system for recognizing educational institutions and/or their professional programs that achieve and maintain a level of performance, integrity and quality that entitles them to the confidence of the educational community, the industry, and the public they serve.
Accreditation has three fundamental purposes:
- to ensure the quality of the institution or program
- to assist in the improvement of the institution or program
- to maintain relevance of education with the industry it serves
Additional information about AABI and the accreditation process can be found at www.aabi.aero.
Academic Assessment Plan
The Center for Aviation Studies has implemented a formalized assessment plan in order to evaluate all aspects of the academic programs. This will ensure that students graduating from The Ohio State University have received the education neccarsary to succeed in the aviation industry.
For questions contact:
Shannon McLoughlin Morrison, Ph.D.