FAA Testing Service
The Ohio State University Airport's Flight Education Division serves as the only Central Ohio Computer Assisted Testing Service (CATS) site, the recognized leader in educational, licensing, and certifications testing.
As a CATS site, we offer tests within the following categories:
Recreational & Private Pilot
Aircraft Dispatcher, Airline Transport Pilot, and Flight Navigator
Flight & Ground Instructor
Legal Document Preparer
National Exercise Trainers Association
Virginia Board of Pharmacy
National Verbatim Reporters Association
Radiant Panel Association
$150 (All Tests)
$140 For AOPA Members (membership number needed at time of registration)
By appointment only 614.292.5614
- Each applicant MUST provide IDs containing: Current photograph, Signature, Actual residential address if different from mailing address, Date of birth
- Acceptable forms of ID for U.S. citizens include: Driver's license, Government ID card, Passport, Alien residency card, Military ID card
- Acceptable forms of ID for a non-U.S. citizen MUST include a passport in
- addition to one or more of the following: Driver's license, Government ID card and/or military ID card
- Along with appropriate ID each applicant must have the proper endorsement for the test to be taken.
- All FAA Knowledge exams Passing Score is a 70% or greater.
- Ohio State CATS Testing Center provides each applicant with 2 sheets of paper, 2 pencils, 1 overlay sheet, 1 marker and the appropriate supplement book for the test.
- Applicants may bring E6B, electronic E6B, plotters, calculators (with no stored memory).
To Register for a Test
Computer Assisted Testing Service
1801 Murchison Dr. STE 288
Burlingame, CA 94010