Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship
The Scholarship Application Portal for the Captain Jason Dahl Fund can be accessed here. Scholarships are awarded annually and applications are accepted through March.
For those unfamiliar with the Captain Jason Dahl Fund, here is a brief history:
- Captain Jason Dahl was at the controls of United Flight 93 on September 11, 2001.
- The Scholarship Fund was founded in 2002 by Jason’s widow, Sandy Dahl and other friends and fellow pilots, to try to bring something positive out of the tragic events of that day.
- Scholarships are available to students at any accredited 4 year college aviation program in the US.
The Experimental Aircraft Association offers scholarships for all levels of flight training. Rolling application windows for each type of scholarship is offered from September to June. The current scholarship application schedule is as follows:
- Sept. 1, 2020 – Nov. 1, 2020: Flight Training Scholarships (for those starting flight training Jan. 1 – June 30)
- Nov. 15, 2020 – Jan. 31, 2021 : Post Secondary Scholarships
- Jan. 4, 2021 – April 1, 2021: Air Academy Camperships
- March 1, 2021 – June 1, 2021: Flight Training Scholarships (for those starting flight training July 1 – Dec. 31)
For more information on these scholarships, please click here.
The Ohio Regional Business Aviation Association (ORBAA) offers two $2,500 Scholarship awards annually to assist with the educational and development costs of a future Business Aviation professional. Scholarship information and the application can be found here.
OSU is a member university of the University Aviation Association which gives students the opportunity to apply for UAA sponsored scholarships. View more information on the available scholarships and application requirements here.
Women in Aviation Scholarships
Each year, WAI awards over 100 scholarships to deserving women and men in every area of the industry. These scholarships are awarded at the annual WAI conference that is held in the spring, and over $800,000 was awarded at the 2020 conference. Applicants must be WAI members and applications are due in November.
For more details on membership and applications, please visit the WAI website here.