Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship
The Scholarship Application Portal for the 2018 Captain Jason Dahl Fund is open for your student's 2018 submissions. It can be accessed at: http://dahlfund.org/scholarship-information/
Applications will be accepted now through March 31.
For those unfamiliar with the Captain Jason Dahl Fund, here is a brief history:
- Captain Jason Dahl was at the controls of United Flight 93 on September 11, 2001.
- The Scholarship Fund was founded in 2002 by Jason’s widow, Sandy Dahl and other friends and fellow pilots, to try to bring something positive out of the tragic events of that day.
- Scholarships are available to students at any accredited 4 year college aviation program in the US.
To date we have awarded 124 scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 each, we have distributed over $245,000 in scholarships to students from 34 different Aviation programs. In 2017 we had 80 applicants from 20 schools and awarded 17 scholarships totaling $34K
Ohio Aviation Association
Each year, up to five (5) scholarships in the amount of $500.00 each, may be awarded to eligible students enrolled in or preparing to enroll in an aviation-related program at one of Ohio’s technical colleges or universities.
General Eligibility Requirements
- Applicant must be accepted or enrolled in a two-year or four-year aviation-related program at an accredited Ohio technical college or university.
- Applicant must be an active member or student member of the Ohio Aviation Association.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
- Applicant must use scholarship funds within six months of receipt, if awarded.
- Applicant must complete all components of the application process.
More information can be found here